Dermal fillers are a multi functioning treatment and can be used reduce deep lines and wrinkles, fill hollows and smooth the contours as well as adding or restoring volume to areas of the face such as lips or cheeks.
At around the age of 25, the body stops producing collagen and elastin, the two proteins that work together to keep tissue firm and skin elastic, and the existing collagen in the body begins to break down. Without these two proteins, the body begins to display the typical signs of ageing, as the body no longer has a means of keeping tissue strong and skin supple.
Anti-ageing facial fillers are a non-surgical solution to achieve younger looking skin and smooth tired lines and wrinkles, providing natural looking rejuvenated outcomes. The brands available are TEOSYAL️® (TEOXANE) or JUVÉDERM®
• Treatment Time – 30-45 minutes.
• Treatments required – Area(s) treated may require additional treatment at 2 weeks.
• Results – Visible immediately but full effect between 2-14 days.
• Maintenance – 6 – 12 months depending on area treated.
• Downtime – 48-72 hours.
Am I suitable for treatment?
During your consultation appointment with Katrina Read, Independent Nurse Prescriber, you will complete a detailed medical history and assessment of your needs and expectations to ensure this is an appropriate treatment for you.
• Treatment is not recommended if you are suffering from any skin infection in or near the treatment area.
• If you have previously experienced allergic reactions to any dermal filler or local anaesthetic.
• If you are taking any medicines such as warfarin, aspirin, steroids.
• If you are diagnosed with certain medical conditions including auto immune disease.
• If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
• If you are currently or have recently completed a course of Roacutane (acne treatment) in the last 18 months.
How does it work?
Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers are a clear sterile gel in a syringe for injection into the skin providing instant correction. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring sugar chain molecule found in all skin and soft tissues throughout the body, identical across species. It attracts and binds water in the skin, providing volume and hydration.
Will it hurt?
The brands we use contain a local anaesthetic and we will also apply a topical medical anaesthetic cream, prior to treatment to numb the skin. We aim to make the treatment as pain free as possible, but you may experience some slight discomfort.
What areas can be treated?
• Facial contours – Cheeks, Jawline, Chin.
• Lips, perioral including lines above upper lip, corners of mouth.
• Nasolabial Fold & Marionette Lines.
Are there any possible risk & side effects?
All treatments carry a degree of risk. All risks and complications will be discussed with you at consultation and prior to any treatment being agreed. Dermal fillers should be safely administered by a healthcare professional with specialist training to ensure any complications can be managed should they arise.
There are a few common side effects associated with dermal fillers. These include redness, swelling, bruising, itching, tenderness. These are temporary and usually resolve within the first few days, swelling is often marked the next morning but settles within hours, bruising can take a week to 10 days to resolve and can sometimes persist for longer.
Should you experience any unexpected side effects or any that concern you, please contact the clinic.
What pre & post treatment care do I need to follow?
It is not advisable to have treatment if you are feeling at all unwell on the day of your appointment.
You will be provided with comprehensive pre & post aftercare advice sheet to assist outcomes, minimise risk and promote speedy recovery from any side effects.
Most people are able to continue with normal activities with immediate improvement in their appearance. Some will have some redness, pin prick marks, possibly swelling & bruising - particularly in the lips. If you have a particular social event planned, please discuss this at consultation.